Realm Scans values other people’s intellectual property and takes intellectual property issues seriously. First and foremost, IP owners’ needs must be met, particularly with regard to their books’ files sanctioned under copyright protection laws. As a result, we intend to ensure that said files are NOT PUBLISHED on our website.
Realm Scans does not advocate digital piracy.
Realm Scans aims to introduce a western audience to different types of literature. To accomplish this goal, the book fragments found on our website were crowdsourced from a diverse group of users, making it impossible for us to maintain control over all material found on our website. If an author believes that fragments found on this website violate their intellectual property rights, they are welcome to contact us.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been plagiarised or copied in a way that infringes on your copyright and is accessible on our website, you have the right to notify our copyright agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. To be valid, the complaining party must provide the following information when issuing a copyright infringement notice:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an allegedly infringed exclusive right.
- Identification of the allegedly infringed copyrighted work, or, if multiple allegedly infringed works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity must be removed or access to which must be disabled, as well as reasonably sufficient information to allow the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, phone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address where the complaining party can be reached.
A statement stating that the complaining party believes, in good faith, that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
To expedite the copyright infringement processing, please submit a written or emailed notification to our designated copyright complaint agent’s email address at [email protected]